Join the TeamJoin us at #iota4earth on the IOTA Slack.
Rewarding kindness to the environment by microtipping with the IOTA protocol.
Leading the community to develop new and better ways to protect our planet.
Working together to reach out and build alliances that will shape the future of our Earth.
- I use a local marché for produce #iota4earth (repost forgot captcha)The world is not flat. It may not seem like a lot, but by using local food markets you waste less energy. Sometimes the price may be more expensive and going to the supermaket though, but the quality is also much better. So why does it use less read more
- Using less water #iota4earthThe world is not flat. These last weeks I've gotten around to using less water overall. Using a lot less time on showering has a huge significance, especially if you're anything like me who likes long showers. Working towards a simpler minimalistic way of living is definitely helping read more
- I pick up litter almost whenever I see it #iota4earthThe world is not flat. I cannot stand to see litter. It drives me crazy. If I'm in public and I see trash on the ground, I have a bag that I carry with me that I throw it in if there is no garbage near by. When read more
- I don’t dump my batteries #iota4earthThe world is not flat. I don't like throwing away electronics in general, so at home I have a big pile of wires and random things. At some point I'll box 'em up and drop them off at a trustworthy recycling station. Throwing away a few batteries might read more
- I’ve started recycling! #iota4earthThe world is not flat. I used to live in a dorm and I would never even bother with recycling, but now me and my girlfriend has finally bought us a place of our own. So I thought I was time I finally became a real citizen and read more
- Switching to greener energy #iota4earthThe world is not flat. For the last couple of months I've started a transition to greener energy living. Going with wind and solar power for my home electricity and bike for transport, things have definitely improved. Not only is it a better living standard - with more read more
- I use a hot water bottle #iota4earthThe world is not flat. Instead of cranking up the radiator I go to the tap and kettle and fill up the hot water bottle I bought from Boots. It is mainly to keep my feet warm as they always seem to freeze! submitted by read more
- Knowing the difference between “best before” and “expiration” date #iota4earthThe world is not flat. I took an entire class in university about food security and one of the big points that stuck with me is that a vast majority of foods only have a "best before" date written on them. This means that particular product can still read more
- I work from home #iota4earthThe world is not flat. As technology gets more advanced the need to drive, travel, fly to places to work is diminishing. In addition to saving petrol companies all save huge amounts on building costs. Plus you get to work in pajamas. submitted by read more
- I shop locally at community farms #iota4earthThe world is not flat. I live in a farm town and instead of going to big chain grocery stores I try my best to buy foods grown locally in community farms. Ofcourse I can't get everything but I try to buy what I can. It helps support read more
- #IOTA4Earth Take baths from a bucket instead of an overhead shower to save waterCaptcha : The world is not flat. I take baths from a bucket instead of a shower to save water, showers tend to be way way more wasteful than buckets as you tend to stay under the water quite a lot of time. Save water guys The world is not flat. I do this by playing a song that is only 3-5 min, and in that time i should have finished my shower. This week its redbone by childish gambino. submitted by /u/rayeray [link] [comments] read more
- We changed to low flow toilets #iota4earthThe world is not flat. My wife and I changed our toilets to the two button type. You push 1 for pee and 2 for poo. The 1 setting uses a lot less water. It is a stupid gesture, but it is what we're doing for the earth. read more
- Changed all the lightbulbs in my new home to energy effiecent ones #iota4earthThe world is not flat. When I moved into my new home a few years ago I made sure to go and buy the new CFL energy efficient light bulbs that use much less energy than traditional bulbs. There Energy Star certified so it helps me cut down read more
- I compost #iota4earthThe world is not flat. Since I grow my own vegetables in my backyard, I always take my organic food waste and bury it in my backyard and let it just decompose into the soil. My area has a lot of water in the soil so the heat read more